Friday, March 13, 2009

Personal Reflection

The reason I chose breast cancer is because, it's a very important topic. Its one of the reasons why our women is dying today.

My auntie died because of breast cancer some years ago. It really made a big impact on my life, because she was very close to me. I was very young and confused about what happened. Then when I asked a question, no one had an answer for me.



I was 13 years-old, when my auntie was dignosed with breast cancer. I was so lost about everything, at first I didn't think nothing of it. Then when I heard is was a deadly diease, I started to pantic. I didn't know how long she had to she past away. I can remember days, when she looks very energetic. Then other days, she looks like she was about to go at any minute.


The day she passed away, I heard my sister on the phone crying. So, I ran upstairs to see what was going on. The only thing she kept saying she is gone. Then I heard my mother and father walk through the door. I instantly ran back down stairs. My mother was asking me whats going on? I couldn't even say nothing at first. Then I came out and told her, that her sister just passed away. My mother practically fell out, when I told her. But, the wierdest thing was, that my mother just left, my auntie house. We all hurried up and got inside the car and drove back over there. We all just sat around mourning over her death, until the ambulance came and took her to the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Alex,

    Thanks for sharing your story about your auntie. This helps readers to know that breast cancer is more than just numbers, but impacts you personally. I'll be interested to see how your research affects the way you think about breast cancer. Strong writing.

    ReplyDelete